- Education: Universities & Colleges
Conveniently located about one mile south of the intersection of HWY 121 and the Dallas North Toll Road, SMU-in-Plano sits in the shadows of the international corporate headquarters of Hewlett Packard, Frito Lay, JC Penney, Pizza Hut, and several others.
Originally the training facility for EDS, the campus is set on 16 landscaped acres and consists of four buildings with close to 200,000 square feet of classroom space, which is available for rent by local organizations seeking a distraction-free, academic environment for meetings and training sessions.
In addition to graduate degree programs and certificate programs in Business (MBA), Counseling, Dispute Resolution, Education, and Digital Game Development (The Guildhall @ SMU), the campus offers several noncredit courses through Continuing Education including photography, financial planning and test preparation. Currently, there are more than 800 adult students in our graduate programs; most are working full-time and pursuing advanced degrees on a part-time basis to further their careers.
Summer programs include the Advanced Placement Institute (for teachers), Academic Enhancement programs (K-12) and the renowned Summer Youth Program (K-12), which surpassed more than 3,000 enrollments during the summer of 2010. The campus also provides important outreach services to the surrounding Collin County communities; these include the Center for Dispute Resolution and Conflict Management, the Diagnostic Center for Dyslexia and Related Disorders, and the Center for Family Counseling.
Whom to Contact
- Melvin AlvarengaSMU Professional and Online AdmissionsPhone: (214) 768-1186
- Briana BakerAssociate DirectorPhone: 214-768-1759
- Gary BrubakerDirector SMU GuildhallPhone: (972) 473-3401
- Anne Cadigan DunlapAssociate Director, PMBAPhone: (214) 768-6227
- Mr. Robert HurstVeterans Assistance & Outreach CoordinatorPhone: (972) 473-3467
- Ms. Jill JonesCoordinator, Career Management CentersPhone: (214) 768-6227
- Jamie KernohanAssociate DirectorPhone: 214-768-3398
- Ms. Jillian MeltonDirector, Professional MBA AdmissionsPhone: (214) 768-4648
- Larenda MielkeAssociate ProvostPhone: (972) 473-3401
- Sheri MooreProgram Mgr & Business Development COX Executive Edu
- Ashley PittsExecutive DirectorPhone: 214-768-4988
- John PladocostanteAssociate DirectorPhone: (214) 768-1124
- Ana RodriguezDirectorPhone: 214-768-8232
- Dr. Kimberly RutiglianoDirector of Operations for SMU CAPE, Director of MSDSPhone: (214) 768-1022
- Ms. Terry TeagueCorporate Programs SMU Professional and OnlinePhone: (972) 473-3401
- Patti TenenbaumAsst. Dir. Program Operations COX Executive EducationPhone: (214) 768-3329
- Ms. Lea WorthNew Program Development CAPEPhone: (214) 768-1101
Please cut and paste to your browsers address box: http://smu.edu/plano/contactus/directions.asp