GREAT LAKES ACADEMY
- Schools: Private
Great Lakes Academy educates K-12 students with various Learning Differences, including AD/HD and Asperger's Syndrome. GLA is committed to providing its students with a stimulating environment and favorable atmosphere which affords each student every opportunity to develop both their social skills and their academics. In addition to a challenging TEKS based curriculum, Great Lakes Academy offers a low student-teacher ratio, multisensory teaching methods and self-contained classrooms.
The mission of Great Lakes Academy is to provide its students, with average to above-average intelligence, diagnosed with various Learning Differences, Asperger's Syndrome, High Functioning Autism, and or AD/HD, a stimulating environment and favorable atmosphere which affords each student opportunities to develop:
1. An appreciation for their own uniqueness.
2. Self-confidence and self-worth via successful learning experiences, social skills classes, and positive reinforcement.
3. Coping skills that will help them to become more effective students.
4. A sense of accountability and responsibility for their own academic experience and social skills.
Great Lakes Academy Provides Its Students:
1. An attitude of acceptance
2. Early intervention that develops both self-esteem and confidence
3. A social skills curriculum that teaches strong interpersonal skills
4. An individualized multi-sensory approach to learning that maintains his/her interest
5. Low student/teacher ratio and an understanding, caring and well-trained faculty
Whom to Contact
- Marjolein BorstenFounder & Executive DirectorPhone: 972-517-7498 ext 101
- Linda SwingsRegistrarPhone: (972) 517-3567 ext.110
- Joey WoffordDirector of Community RelationsPhone: (972) 517-7498 ext 103